Get weekly updates
straight to your inbox
Submit your email address to subscribe.
These are exciting times at Conga. As we enter the final quarter of 2018 and look back over the last six months, there are some important milestones to recognize. In particular, Conga acquired three amazing companies in March —Octiv, Orchestrate, and Counselytics. We also launched our new eSignature product built for Salesforce users, Conga Sign.
There is a lot of strategic planning and execution that has gone into assembling all of these products in a single, integrated suite of solutions. These additions to the Conga Suite have rounded out our product portfolio, so that we now offer truly end-to-end digital document transformation.
With a world-class portfolio of solutions, we now offer comprehensive intelligent document automation to our customers, helping them simplify and integrate their business processes, their documents, and their contracts. With our automated, AI-powered solutions, our customers can securely create, manage, collaborate, negotiate, and sign digital documents, via integrated visual process automation.
To tie it all together, we’ve decided to rename some of our products. There are a couple of reasons for this. With our recent strategic acquisitions (of Octiv, Orchestrate, and Counselytics), we wanted to align their naming with our existing products, and ensure that all of our product naming is consistent across the Conga Suite. Think of it as holding a number of cards in your hand that are out of order and wanting to organize those cards to show that you’re holding a royal flush.
To create consistency, we decided to name our products in a way that focuses on the most valued key action that each product provides. So for example, Conga Composer helps organizations compose pixel-perfect business documents, Conga Sign allows customers to sign documents electronically, and Conga Collaborate helps companies collaborate around their document generation process.
And so, without further ado, meet the product families.
Our new names fall within our product families, which group our products by general function within a business.
The Document Generation Family (Conga Composer and Conga Collaborate)
The Document Generation products pull data from systems of record and merge it into highly branded documents and communications. Think sales proposals, invoices, customer-facing materials, newsletters, and HTML communications. Our document generation solutions resolve the problems that businesses commonly face as a result of manual document generation and one-off processes.
- Conga Composer is our flagship document generation solution that gives you the power to create pixel-perfect documents by merging data from Salesforce and other data sources, and then to schedule the documents to be sent by leveraging key workflow processes. Composer is ideal for complex presentations and proposals, or when a broader range of output formats are required (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs, etc.)
- Our second document generation solution is Conga Collaborate, formerly Octiv. One of the key components of Collaborate is that it gives teams the ability to actively share and collaborate on the document with internal and external stakeholders during the creation process. This makes it easy to mark up documents, make edits, and review in real time, and ensures the document has gone through all the approvals needed, prior to sending out the final version.
The Contract Lifecycle Management Family (Conga Contracts and Conga Contracts for Salesforce)
The Contract Lifecycle Management solutions allow for coordinated contract creation, use of repeatable and standardized contract language, redlining/version tracking, and compliance reporting for contracts across the enterprise. As a result, businesses can eliminate manual contract creation and management, including having to use everyday business applications like MS Word and email for contract creation, and clunky file systems for document management.
- Conga Contracts (formerly Novatus) is our flagship contract lifecycle management product built on a proprietary SaaS platform. With a decade of experience behind it, Conga Contracts provides complete CLM functionality for legal and procurement teams, including creation, negotiation, version control, secure negotiation, storage, searchability, and auditing of any agreement or contract.
- Conga Contracts for Salesforce® is our contract lifecycle management solution built on the Salesforce platform. It provides key CLM functionality, particularly for sales teams, so they can own more of the contract negotiation and management process. This solution allows for contracts to be created, changes Trued-up, and contracts stored — all directly in Salesforce. This allows customers to automate and track the CPQ quote redlining process, creating faster sales cycles and reducing negotiation times.
The Data and Process Automation Family (Conga Grid and Conga Orchestrate)
Our Data and Process Automation solutions offer automated ways to create, manage, and update data in Salesforce, and make it easy to build, track and refine complex Salesforce workflows. These products address the need for efficient bulk data updates and management in fields and records, and provide a straightforward way to visualize and create business processes in Salesforce. They are designed for Salesforce users to eliminate manual field and record creation and updates, and solve for a lack of visual process management.
- Conga Grid (formerly ActionGrid) offers spreadsheet-style viewing, filtering, batch edits and mass updates of Salesforce data. Grid makes it possible to navigate across multiple objects and edit records in a single view, so users can see and act on all relevant data from one screen.
- Conga Orchestrate (formerly ProcessComposer) makes it simple to create and manage visual business processes, no matter how complex your workflows. It is possible to create highly involved visual processes with no code, assign steps, and and track process status in real time.
Sign (Conga Sign)
Conga Sign is our eSignature solution built specifically for Salesforce. Sign helps create faster contract execution times and faster contract cycles by removing the need for manual signatures. Sign eliminates unnecessary costs, is more secure than traditional signatures sent on paper, and provides an audit trail that ensures signature validity. Conga Sign integrates with our market-leading solutions, or you can use Conga Sign on its own to better execute any documents in Salesforce.
AI (Artificial Intelligence)
Since 2008, Conga has pioneered the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to greatly advance the capabilities of document and contract management solutions. We leverage AI strategically in our products to discover, manage, and support document and contract processes, and to help our customers surface the critical business data that lies locked in their documents.
With technologies like natural language processing (NLP) and robotic process automation (RPA), we have moved far beyond simple document management into the realm of document intelligence. The first iterations of Conga Composer used RPA to assemble first drafts of contracts. Conga Contracts has long used machine learning (ML) to identify document attributes, then Conga True-up uses AI to synchronize data with Salesforce. Over the past decade, thousands of Conga customers have used these AI technologies to help them better create and manage millions of business documents.
Today we are working to introduce additional AI technologies to create even better access to the data in documents and contracts. Stay tuned to the blog for updates on our AI technologies in the near future.
Modernizing your business with Conga’s Digital Document Transformation Suite
We at Conga have put a lot of thought and years of strategic development into what lies behind these new names. The result is what we have today, Conga’s Digital Document Transformation Suite, which unlocks the data from your documents, contracts, and systems of record to make it actionable. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive suite of solutions to help organizations digitally transform their documents and contracts, thereby modernizing their business.