Get weekly updates
straight to your inbox
Submit your email address to subscribe.
In the first of a series on how Conga has integrated the Salesforce CPQ Suite, Doug Rybacki, head of product management at Conga, takes an in-depth look at the technology cocktail that helps Conga automate quote to cash to reclaim selling days.
There’s no shortage of friction points when it comes to quote-to-cash workflows—most of them related to manual steps required to push the quote, sales order, contract, and invoice out the door. These nonrevenue generating activities eat away at profitability and efficiency of sales operations. Automating these activities gives ‘selling days’ back to your sales teams each month. Smart companies automate as much as possible.
The end to end process of going from Quote to Cash is more complex than many business leaders realize and can take significant cycles away from your sales teams’ productivity.
As the head of product management at Conga, I regularly listen to new customers describe their pain points across their manual sales process. I’m also aware of the pain points we have seen internally in our own sales org where automation was lacking.
Conga recently purchased Salesforce CPQ & Billing to address many of these challenges. And we’ve found it dovetails exceptionally well with our own solutions. Working together with Salesforce CPQ & Billing, we are streamlining more of our processes, reducing nonrevenue generating activities to keep the sales teams selling and keep the executives informed.
In a series of blogs I’d like to describe in depth how we are implementing Salesforce CPQ in our processes along with our own products to accelerate sales.
The solutions included are:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud: for lead, opportunity, deal management, forecasting and dashboards
- Salesforce Service Cloud: for customer support and case management
- Salesforce CPQ & Billing: to configure, price and quote, and for billing, invoicing and payments
- Conga ActionGrid: for updating and managing data presale
- Conga Composer: for generating datadriven documents, including combined documents like customized marketing materials, personalized proposals, sales orders and invoices
- Conga Redlining: for managing the backandforth of contract negotiation within Salesforce
- DocuSign: for completing the final approval and signature on the contract
Together, this technology cocktail helps us:
- Automate the administrative data, document, and contract tasks related to even the most complex business scenarios
- Create a new way to interact with Salesforce data, turning any list view in Salesforce into a spreadsheet experience, making it easier to view and act on the data that drives business
- Produce multiformat, enterprisegrade documents to support pre to post sales activities, like proposals and marketing collateral with rich text and images
- Deliver redlining capabilities that ease negotiations and speed up the sales cycle
- Provide automated rich reporting for clean and actionable insight on our activities in Salesforce
- Set up and maintain pricing rules, product features, options, bundles through inline record editing
In my next blog, I’ll look at how easy pre sale data updates can be, and how beneficial automated document and report generation can be throughout the customer lifecycle.
Doug Rybacki leads product strategy, product management, and product education for Conga’s products and services. He has more than 25 years of experience in building businesses, products, and teams. Prior to Conga, Doug led teams at Medversant Technologies, DocuSign, LexisNexis, and the Texas Office of Court Administration. In addition to Product Management, he has experience in leading product development, business development, and accounting functions. Doug has an MBA from the University of Washington and a BBA from The University of Texas.